- Majority of Taiwan banks don't accept Malaysian Ringgit. Even if you change at the money changer in Taiwan, the rate is really low for Malaysian Ringgit. The place with good rate is actually Maybank Money Changer counter at KLIA. I changed my money at Sunway Pyramid for 10.64 and later I found out Maybank KLIA, the rate is 11.16. Meanwhile, changing money in Taiwan will only give you 8.8. But the worst place to change money is actually KL Central. The fella tried to cheat me and I'm not going to go into that. It would take me one whole blog post to complain about that fella.
- Hankyu has direct VAT. You can claim for your tax refund on the spot. On top of that, every NT1,000 that you spent, you will receive a NT100 cash voucher. I can't remember the exact amount, but you will definitely receive some cash vouchers once you spend above a certain amount.
- When you buy from stalls in night market, always bargain if you're buying more than 1 item. If you only buy 1 item then don't bother because they will never give you a discount. So, gather your friends and see if you guys can buy in bulk.
- If you want to buy sheet masks like My Beauty Diary, etc., Sasa has the cheapest price as compared to Momo and Watson. But Momo has cheaper skincare products like facial wash, moisturizer, etc.
- If you shop in Shihlin Market, ignore the dresses and clothes, you can get them in Sungai Wang at the same price. Go grab the shoes!!!!! The cheapest price for flats are NT150. Keep walking until you find the shop that sells at NT150. I made a mistake by buying too early, I bought a pair for NT198 which I later found another stall selling the exact same pair at NT150. Grrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!! Surprisingly, the shoes are really comfortable!
I didn't have much time to shop. Despite that, I thought I bought a lot of things, but after unpacking, I realized I actually didn't buy that much :( OK... Here are the hauls....
I must grab NARS because in Malaysia we're totally NARS-deprived. I almost missed the chance to get these stuff because we didn't have much time. By hook or by cook, I knew I had to get it, so I keep bugging our driver to stop me at Hankyu. He kept asking me what I wanted to get from NARS and I wasn't sure how to tell him that I'm suppose to get "The Multiple Orgasm". It's damn awkward =.="
Anyway, yeah... I got The Multiple Orgasm (for Michelle), Deep Throat (blush), Orgasm (blush, which is a free gift), Chihuahua (lipgloss), Super Orgasm (lipgloss).
Well, that's a lot of orgasm that I got.
After buying all those stuff, I was practically penniless! I left with NT1,000 which I need to spend on food. I was at the edge where I have to beg for money at the road side. I got so depressed because no way I came so far and not shop. Imagine that shopping withdrawal down swing. It was killing me..... until when we went to Taipei 101, I got enlighten by a Maserati poster outside one of the shop. Suddenly I thought of calling the mister and ask him to transfer me some money, which he did. Then the shopping resumed......
The sheet mask was super cheap!!!!!!!!! Remember the Bird Nest Collagen Hydrating Mask that recommended <<here>>? Normally I buy from Watson for RM6.90 per sheet. In Taiwan, Sasa is selling NT190 per box of 10 sheets. That's about RM1.90 per sheet. Extremely cheap wei!!! As you can see, I sapu damn a lot of mask to stock up.
I found this mask called Sexy Look. The name is quite dodgy but it's really worth it.
The box is so pretty. I couldn't resist buying it. Anyway, it's quite worth the money - 30 sheets + 2 eye masks for NT299.
You must buy this!!! I've tried 3 of the masks, not bad. As good as My Beauty Diary and it's cheaper.
And I also got the facial wash from Hada Labo for only NT290. I think Momo sells cheaper but I was too lazy to walk back for that NT20 difference. Malaysia is selling this for RM35+ if I'm not mistaken.
I didn't buy that much food though. Although I planned to but I just can't decide what to buy. Most of the good food I wanted to bring back can't store that long. Instead of buying it and letting it spoil, I just eat it on the spot.
This thing is superb!!! Regret I didn't get more to bring back...
Shoes I got from Shihlin Market...
The black heels is only NT300. The white heels with gold bow cost NT250. And the flats are NT198 and NT190. It's really comfortable and they didn't bite my legs at all.
Dresses from Shihlin Market...
I really hate the belt that comes with the dress. I'll just throw that away.
New studded purse I got for NT700. I thought it's a bit expensive but the lady boss already discounted it for me. The original price was NT1190. Taking into account that the handy work is actually not bad and it feels like good quality, so I got it anyway.
Bling bling stud earrings. I purposely choose the pink Playboy one. My favorite. Wheeeeeeeeeee........
And other miscellaneous stuff like hair brush, fake lashes, and my Chinese name stamp from Jiufen.
While at the airport, I had about NT1,500 left. I thought I should just spend it all since it's not a lot, no point for me to change the money. I got into one of those typical souvenir shop and got some emperor cup.
That's when I thought I've finished all my money. I didn't expect there were about NT300 some more in my purse! So I got some fridge magnet. Yeah... I really didn't know what else I can buy with NT300.
The shopping didn't end there. I continued shopping once I touched down KLIA. Most of you already know that it is my habit to stop by Victoria's Secret every time I fly. I treat myself with a black Victoria's Secret duffle bag.
I really need a duffel bag because I'm going to Jakarta for a short trip for.......................... *drum roll*................. Lady Gaga's concert!!!! Wheeeeeeeeeee..........
And I also bought Kiehl's travel pack because it's so fucking cheap!
The Ultra Facial Cream and the Eye Treatment Cream are both in full size. The whole thing is only RM229. If you buy the facial cream and eye cream separately they would probably cost about RM250 already.
In my previous post I did mention that I will giveaway some stuff on my blog for this trip right? I'm not going to break my promise. But you guys have to follow my Taiwan travelogue first. I will reveal what I'm giving away at the end of my travelogue. But you guys can start guessing from the list I've posted up here. One hint.... Definitely not the Victoria's Secret duffle bag.