- Think of this as a moisturizer with pigment.
- It's purpose is to provides hydration to your skin like any other moisturizer but it has the benefit of pigmentation which helps even out your skin tone.
- Most of them come with SPF so you can wear it during the day.
- It has variety of color for you to choose from.
- The coverage is really light. If you're thinking of covering black spots or freckles, this is not the right product for you.
- It is lightweight and last only a short while.
- The full name is actually Blemish Balm Cream.
- Think of this as a foundation that comes with benefits to your skin.
- Different bb cream comes with different benefits. Some can help you treat wrinkle problem, some provides acne treatment and the list goes on.
- If you compare it with a normal foundation, it is lightweight. But if you compare it with tinted moisturizer, it is thicker.
- The coverage is much better than tinted moisturizer but not as great as foundation.
- It has very limited shades. Most darker skin girls will find it hard to get a matching skintone bb cream.
Which one is for you?
- If you don't normally wear a lot of makeup, the tinted moisturizer is much better for you as it is lightweight and easy to apply.
- If you're used to wearing thicker makeup, go for bb cream because it provides better coverage.
- If you're concerned with skin problems, choose bb cream which has that specific benefit your're looking for.
- If you don't have much problem with your skin, then tinted moisturizer is better for you as it will allow your skin to "breathe".
At the end of the day, I got the tinted moisturizer instead because I know how to create my own bb cream. If you want to know how I make my own bb cream, read this.