Newsmakers Unplugged is an original Malaysian production produced by Redberry. It's a brand new 13-episode TV series where Kassandra Kassim and her handler Henry Golding travel the world to find newsworthy people, places and parties. The show is an entertaining talk show focusing on personalities behind the news. Although the topics might sometimes be serious, the execution is light. Interviews are conversational. The look and feel of the show is faster paced then the usual talk shows. And every interview is on location. The show targets the English thinking people in Malaysia.
Lineup of the interviews and location which they have been shot:
- Penang - Jimmy Choo
- London - Boris Johnson for the London Special
- Paris - Yves Carcelle, Mario Testino, Paris Fashion Week Special
- Cannes - Caroline Scheufele, Festival de Cannes Special
- Antibes - Kenneth Cole, amfAR Special
- Cyprus - The Cyprus Special
- Stuttgart - Boris Becker & Franz Beckenbauer
- Kuala Lumpur - Lewis Hamilton & Rosario Dawson
Maybank is the title sponsor for the TV series. The CEO of Maybank, Adam Wee said " There is a lot of energy in the show and Maybank is proud to be associated with the innovators who have inspired change and creativity in the world. In line with our promise of "Humanizing financial services across Asia", we feel that the show has given a very human touch to people and shown them in their element and at their best."
Newsmakers Unplugged is broadcasted on StarWorld every Wednesday 21:10 on Astro channel 711 (SD) and 722 (HD). The first episode airs on 16 October 2013.